Co-curricular and Extra-curricular Activities are an essential part of the Wellington Hall student experience. These activities, augment the classroom teaching of students both directly or indirectly.
Co-curricular activities supplement and complement the entire teaching-learning process and effectively impact student earning outcomes. It strengthens the classroom teaching and plays a vital role in shaping the life of a person, especially the students. Co-curricular activities help in the development of mind and personality.
Extra-curricular activities are those activities which are not part of the required curriculum; outside the regular course of study but under the supervision of the school. They help to accomplish the objectives of education through free expression, debates, co-operation, coordination and help develop your talents, interests, and passions…
Wellington Hall Academy supports both co-curricular and extra-curricular school activities and feels there are fundamental benefits for our students when they participate in them which include:
- support teaching of practical skills of time management, decision making and capacity of organizing events
- develop the habits of constructive competition
- bring efficiency in ideas
- bring pleasant changes and develop joyous experiences.
- helps recognize the responsibility of family and society
- enable for managerial and leadership activities
- create avenues to meet with various people thereby helps in socialization, self-identification and self-assessment.
- develop the sense of belongingness
Our co-curricular and extra-curricular school activities have included many diverse and interesting events such as:
- 2 way talk interviews with community seniors; encouraging to tell their story
- Hopewell House, Guelph benefit fundraiser
- Earth Day clean up
- Christmas family sponsorship
- Big Brother & Big Sisters Bowlathon
- Hosting Remembrance Day service in Maryhill, Ontario
- Community engagement and festivalsPhysical Activity Programs:
- Gym, biking, cross country & downhill skiing, curling rock climbing & fencing
- Planting and harvesting (apples, beets, & potatoes) at St Ignatius